Hardwood floors are becoming a trend nowadays for a lot of homes. It is vital to keep them maintained and guarded because it is quite expensive. Plenty of homeowners prefer hardwood floors for its durability and appearance but it can wear out over time. It can also accumulate some damages like scratches which can ruin their look. There are experts that you can hire to supply you with hardwood flooring repair services as well as some furniture repairs and restoration services. They also offer restoration to wipe out wood flooring and bring back their own appearance.
It is not necessary to change or remove your hardwood floor entirely if there is only a minimal amount of damage. Most of the minor problems are often fixed by flooring professionals or people that are confident that they are going to “do it by themselves”.It is less expensive than installing a replacement hardwood floor. If ever the damage is big, refinishing services for hardwood could also be a less expensive option.
Below are some of the most common damages in hardwood flooring:
- Wear and tear: This usually happens when your hardwood flooring accumulates dents, cracks, splits, and scratches. The cause for this is usually because of usage over time.
- Water or Humidity Damage: Moisture is one of the most common enemies of hardwood. Because of this, your hardwood flooring can have gaps between each plank and it can also make your wood floor saggy. A variety of moisture-related problems are often fixed due to the weather changes but some need to be fixed. You should think about refinishing your hardwood floors albeit the problems are fixed for it to be restored to its original beauty.
- Hardwood separating from the subfloor: If your hardwood floors are beginning to buckle, this means that the subfloor beneath it has already been detached. You need to contact an expert in flooring to diagnose the cause and fix it.
Repairing your hardwood could also be a little bit expensive. The value of repairing your wood flooring depends on the extent of its damage and the type of hardwood. The worth of the fabric as well as the labor is additionally a part of the value.
Here are some of the price for various hardwood repairs:
- The usual cost of hardwood flooring repair is around $3 to $6 per square foot.
- The DIY repair kits that are usually used for hardwood floorings that have scratches on them costs around $40 to $70.
- The usual cost for a half-day job of repairing the spots in the hardwood floors cost around $200 to $300. If the work requires a full day, the price is twice the maximum amount (around $500 to $600)
Although the worth of repairing and maintaining hardwood floors is a little bit high, there are plenty of advantages that you can get in the future. Among the benefits that you can have with a hardwood floor is that it is easy to clean. Compared to other kinds of flooring like carpets, tiles, and even laminated floors, hardwood floors are much easier to clean because it doesn’t accumulate dust and dirt also as debris overtime. Cleaning the hardwood floors weekly is enough to take care of its appearance.
While trying to look for companies that do hardwood repair services, you should look for technicians who are skilled in repairing or replacing damaged or broken floor panels. They will even have the skills to refinish and restore floors that were damaged.
There are a lot of different repair services for hardwood floors. This includes:
- Refinishing or Restoration: The original color of the hardwood will be restored and a replacement finish will be applied to reduce the wear and tear of the hardwood.
- Panel Replacement or Repair: The bottom panels that were cracked, gouged, or broken are replaced or repaired.
While trying to look for repair services for your wood flooring, you need to first know what kind of damage your hardwood floor has. In this way, you will be able to hire the right people and if it is only minor damage, you can probably just buy the do-it-yourself kit for you to save a little bit of money.